Wow! I never fail to get a little thrill when someone writes those words: “I’ve nominated you for a blog award!” When I first started writing this blog, I wasn’t sure what kind of reception I would get. I only knew that I had acquired a bunch of knowledge over the last 4 or 5 years that I had been writing and that I wanted to share it with other writers, the ones like me, slogging away every day, reaching for a dream that at times seems unreachable. I hoped that in some small way, what I might have to say would be encouraging or helpful. Every time one my readers nominates me for an award, or leaves a thoughtful comment, or “likes” one of my posts, I feel grateful that you have enjoyed something I’ve written. Thank you, all my readers.
And now, on to the awards! Thank you very much, Jenny, for the 7×7 Award and the Liebster Blog Award! And congratulations for receiving them yourself! Please check out Jenny’s blog. It’s full of interesting posts and observations! And thank you, Peggy, for the Sunshine Award! Your kind words made my day and you definitely deserved to receive the award as well. Thank you! And everyone, please check out her blog.
As I’ve already received the 7×7 award, please check out my acceptance post here.
The Sunshine Award
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Write a post about it.
- Answer some questions below.
- Pass it along to ten people and let them know they received the award.
The Liebster Award (the rules as stated on Jenny’s page)
The guidelines for the Liebster Blog Award are:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere – other bloggers.
- Most of all – have fun and spread the karma.
On to the questions for the Sunshine Award
- Favorite color: I love all colors except black and brown.
- Favorite animal: Dogs. They love you unconditionally and keep your feet warm on cold winter nights
- Favorite number: 1,739,563 (I’m just kidding! I don’t have a favorite number)
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Water. It’s pretty much all I drink.
- Twitter or Facebook: Facebook. I’m not entirely sure I have Twitter figured out. It makes me uncomfortable.
- Passion:Reading, reading, reading. Writing, writing, writing. And my family.
- Getting or giving presents: Giving. I used to be so excited to give people presents that I’d always blurt out what they were before they opened them. Come to think of it, I still occasionally do that…
- Favorite pattern: Polka dots! They’re so exuberant!
- Favorite day of the week: Friday. You have the entire weekend spread in front of you, just waiting to be enjoyed.
- Favorite flower: Old-fashioned roses, but only on the bush, never cut.
On to the recipients of the awards! I’m going to list five blogs, total. I’m sorry I can’t do more, but my son is getting his very last molar in and woke up crying an incredible eight (EIGHT!) times last night. Please excuse any typos for the same reason! It was all I could do to keep from falling asleep on my desk as I wrote this today. If I list you, pick whichever of the three awards you would rather have, and pass it on!
1. Novelisthq– A blog that focus specifically on writing for the sci-fi Genre. Definitely worth a look.
2. Misprinted Pages: Musings on Books and Writing– Stephanie has great book reviews on her site! If you’re looking for a good book, check out her blog!
3. Lake Superior Spirit: Blogging from the Upper Peninsula North Woods– A great blog from a fellow North Woods woman! Her thoughtful posts on writing and life are very refreshing!
4. Her-Story-Calls: Quill Bending Writers Blabbing About All Things Historical, Future, and Modern– A great writing blog written by multiple authors. I always find something interesting to read here!
5. Lynda R. Young, Author W.I.P. It: a Writer’s Journey– A great blog that has helpful tips for both fiction writing and writing for your blog! Definitely worth a visit!