This is a repost from my earlier days of blogging! Hope you enjoy it!
Classic meaning twelve years or older. Not necessarily in order.
1. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery-this will always be a favorite of mine.
2. Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce (Actually the whole “Immortals” Series)-this is the best YA fantasy ever. They need to start publishing more books like these!
3. The “Blossom Culp” Series by Richard Peck (the whole series) – now this is a GREAT Paranormal! And appropriate for actual Young Adults as the romance part is rather sweet.
4. Constance by Patricia Clapp- the best historical YA romance ever.
5. Beauty by Robin McKinley- the best retelling of Beauty and the Beast ever.
6. Just As Long As We’re Together by Judy Blume- an excellent contemporary YA.
7. The Rain Catchers by Jean Thesmen.
8. Anne Frank: the Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.
9. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell -not technically a YA, but as the heroine is between the ages of 12-30, I still think a teen would enjoy it.
10. The True Confessions of Charlotte Dole by Avi.