Wow! A Kreative Blogger Award! What an honor! Thanks, Ayesha Schroeder! And thanks for the kind words on your blog. It’s so heartwarming to know that my words aren’t just going out into a void, that someone actually cares about and appreciates my blog.
Kreative blogger award:
The rules: 1. Share 10 things about yourself that readers might find interesting.
2. Pass the award onto 6 other bloggers (be sure to leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know).
Here are the six blogs I’ve nominated, in no particular order:
1. My Writing Challenge– Sandra has such helpful information and tips, and lost of inspiration. I highly recommend it!
2. Frugal Feeding: wonderful recipes that don’t cost a lot to make. Great for a big, hungry family.
3. Navigating the Slush Pile– A blog by a real live literary agent. Invaluable tips and advice, as well as Wednesday Reads, a wonderful resource for new books to devour!
4. YA Confidential– A blog all about YA writing with interviews and posts by ACTUAL TEENS! What great insight!
5. Michelle Styles: Warm, Witty and Intimate Historical Romance This is a blog by a published author. I love the behind the scenes look at what the writing life is like!
6. Jenny Keller Ford: the Dreamweaver’s Cottage Tons of neat stuff! YA book reviews, listings of agent’s blogs, the occasional recipe, and she’s a mom! What’s not to like?
Ten things about myself:
1. I have a twin sister who looks nothing like me!
2. I live in a snow belt area. The average snowfall here is 200 inches per winter.
3. I did three years toward a bachelor’s degree, double major creative writing and art (painting).
4. I worked briefly as a kennel attendant at a veterinarian’s office. One Saturday night, a woman came in with her dog. She had had a few beers and tried to groom him herself. Long story short, she cut off his tail. I had to assist in surgery as there was no one else at the vet’s office. I quite the next day.
5. My hair started losing its pigment when I was nine years old. 80% of it is pure white now. I dye it, of course.
6. I love reading and movies. I love the stories more than anything. That’s why I wanted to write.
7. I love animals. We have a yellow Labrador Retriever and two cats I rescued from the shelter.
8. I have a weird phobia about having my nostrils pinched together. I can only go a few seconds before I jerk away in some kind of fight or flight response.
9. I’m interested in EVERYTHING. My head is filled with weird, useless trivia. Well, it’s only useless until I go on Jeopardy.
10. My favorite book series of all time is the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. My mom read it aloud to me as a child and I still reread it every winter.