It’s started! I got up in the dark at 6 a.m. so I could write for several hours before my son woke up. To keep track of my word totals, take a look at my handy word count ticker to the left!
Here’s what’s in my survival kit:
3. My husband. Essential for backrubs and baby-watching!
4. My new laptop. A gift from said essential husband.
5. No Plot? No Problem by Chris Baty, the founder of NaNoWriMo.
6. TWO travel drives. BACK UP YOUR STORIES, PEOPLE! I lost 34 pages on the last one I worked on. It wasn’t pretty. There was a lot of swearing and stomping and a few irrational accusations. Back up your stories.
7. Fingerless gloves. Not because I am a poor writer working in a drafty garret, but because I have Reynaud’s syndrome and my hands get cold.
8. Slippers (for the same reason).
9. Glasses. Don’t attempt NaNoWriMO wearing your contacts. Once, mine glued itself to my eyeball from lacking of blinking.
10. Tylenol. Trust me, you’ll need it at some point: carpal tunnel syndrome, back spasms, stiff neck, headache… need I go on?
11. The support and encouragement of my family and all of you, my super readers and taskmasters. How will you keep me on task? Do you have your cattle prods handy?