Classic meaning twelve years or older. Not necessarily in order.
1. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery-This will always be a favorite of mine
2. Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce (Actually the whole “Immortals” Series) This is the best YA fantasy ever. They need to start publishing more books like this!
3. the “Blossom Culp” Series by Richard Peck (the whole series) – Now this is a GREAT Paranormal! And appropriate for actual Young Adults as the romance part is rather sweet.
4. Constance by Patricia Clapp- the best historical romance ever
5. Beauty by Robin McKinley- the best retelling of Beauty and the Beast ever
6. Just As Long As We’re Together by Judy Blume- an excellent contemporary YA
7. The Rain Catchers by Jean Thesmen
8. Anne Frank: the Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
9. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell (not technically a YA, but as the heroine is between the ages of 12-30, I still think a teen would enjoy it.)
10. The True Confessions of Charlotte Dole by Avi